Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Melting Moments



















When this lovely lady married one of those handsome scottish boys and moved across the pond to join us other australian kids over here in scotland, another lovely lady put together a cook book for her and asked me to participate. I was pretty excited and I knew exactly what i was going to share . . .

Melting Moments

1/2 cup Butter
2 tablespoons of Icing Sugar
Vanilla to taste 
1/2 S R Flour 
1/2 Cornflour

Icing 
2 tablespoons of butter 
2 tablespoons of condensed milk
3 tablespoons icing sugar
Vanilla to taste 

Method 
1. Cream butter and sugar and vanilla.
2. Sift flour and cornflour.
3. Add to creamed mixture and mix well. 
4. Roll into small balls. 
5. place on greased flat pan and squash slightly with a fork.
6. bake in slow oven 150 to 160 degrees for 10 - 15 mins 
7. mix all icing ingredients together. 
8. join biscuits together with icing when cold.
9. carefull they will be fragile!!

These remind me of home.

2 comments:

  1. I arrived at work this morning and we had received a new traybake selection to try out. Among them were viennese whirls. As soon as I saw them I thought to myself. Hmm these look tasty but what wold be WAAAY better would be some of Sallys melting moments! now that would be great! maybe I should bake some and treat the staff at least!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Australians sure have some great sweets. Whenever my Aussie friend comes back from a holiday home she brings timtams. These look yummy too, might just have to try them out.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make us happy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...